otherwise handle your Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with our website.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our online services?
• When submit an enquiry, registering on our site, subscribing a newsletter or making a reservation, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your
When do we collect information?
• We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site. • Provide us with feedback on our products or services.
How do we use your information?
• We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the
* To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
* To improve our website in order to better serve you.
How do we protect your information?
• We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
• Malware Scanning is automatically processed by our Web Hosting Provider - https://www.amen.pt
• Credit card numbers are only asked upon reservation and sent by the user through email or phone.
• We use encrypted connections to pages across all our website - secured and encrypted independently by our Web Hosting Provider throughout "Secure Connection", using SSL certificates from trusted organizations by HTTPS layers. - Learn more here
• All user browsers are forced by server-side to navigate throughout our website with SSL certificate and with Secure Connection ON.
• Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special admin access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, no sensitive/credit/financial information is asked online throughout any part of our website.
• We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
• No transactions are processed online in our server.
• Credit card transactions are processed offline by our staff at a common portable ATM device.
Do we use "cookies"?
* Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
* Enhance user's experience on our website.
* Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browsers are a little different from each others, look at your browser"s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. In that case, you will no longer be able to book your room in our site.
+ If users disable cookies in their browser:
* If you turn off cookies - some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly (i.e.: book a room)
• We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
• We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google (if and when applicable)
• Google"s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google"s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. More at: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
• We do not use - in any way - Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
+ We have implemented the following:
* Google Analytics Solutions - Marketing Analytics & Measurement
* Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as Facebook Pixel Code) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions functions as they relate to our website.
+ Opting out: * New laws and enforcements came out recently that make sure USERS can set preferences on how Google or Facebook advertises and collects data. Alternatively you can opt out by visiting
the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on for example.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
or companies with whom it is being shared. - See more at: http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
+ According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
* Users can visit our site anonymously.
+ Can change your personal information:
* By emailing Quinta da Abelheira
+ How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
* We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
+ Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
* It"s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
• When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children"s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States"
consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children"s privacy and safety online.
• We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
• We collect marketing & measurement data from all users, including children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
• The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding
the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
+ In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
* We will notify you via email - expressly within 1 business day
* We will notify the users via in-site notification - expressly within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
• The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties
+ We collect your email address in order to:
* Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
+ To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
* Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
* Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
* Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
* Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
* Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
* Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
+ If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at privacy[at]quintadaabelheira.com
* Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence and lists.
Caminho Abelheira de Baixo, 17 (Pico da Abelheira)
9500-701 Ponta Delgada
São Miguel, Açores
Last Edited on 2017-03-01
CONFLICT BETWEEN TEXT IN ENGLISH AND TEXT IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE